The University of Oregon Center for Community Arts and Cultural Policy (CCACP) sustains and strengthens arts, culture and heritage in the American West through research, policy, education, and community engagement.
CCACP operates as a hub of support and connectivity for faculty, students, and affiliate members to work along a continuum of research and practice. This continuum spans concepts of community, art, culture, and policy and encompasses one-off projects, long term initiatives, professional development opportunities, practical skills development, and creative engagement with communities. Research and practice operationalized through CCACP engages with of a wide range of partnerships and collaborations, reflecting the working dynamics that drive the arts and culture sector, broadly defined.
In our commitment to the community of practice and practitioners in the cultural sector:
• We invest in community partners
• We produce convenings and events that are timely and relevant
• We host high-impact scholars and practitioners
• We practice through field work
• We publish scholarship accessible to the arts and culture sector practitioner
• We celebrate achievements of practitioners, leaders, and scholars
The Center for Community Arts and Cultural Policy's 2014-2015 Annual Bulletin and Graduate Student Research Journal is now online!